What We Believe
What Bethel Chapel believes (Statement of Faith)
1. We believe that the Bible (Old and New Testament), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith, discipleship and practice.
2. We believe in the One True and Living God. Who has also revealed Himself as One being co-existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Miraculous Ministry, Substitutionary Atoning Death, Bodily Resurrection and Triumphant Ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
5. We believe in salvation through faith in Christ, who, according to the Scriptures, died for our sins, was buried and was raised from the dead on the third day, and that through His Blood we have Redemption.
6. We believe the gift of salvation is available for every person. This experience is also known as the new birth, and is an instantaneous and complete operation of the Holy Spirit upon initial faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe that all who have truly repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour, are instructed to be baptised by a public, full immersion in water.
8. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit, available for every believer with power for service. Common biblical evidence can include speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
9. We believe that all who have truly repented and believe in Christ as Lord and Saviour, should regularly participate in Breaking of Bread, irrespective of age.
10. We believe in Christ’s promise of His personal, visible, bodily return in power and glory as the blessed hope of all believers.